Friday, February 1, 2008

An Answer?

So, my doctor thinks I am suffering from panic attacks. Or panic disorder, if you will. He prescribed some medicine that allegedly is going to help with this problem. I am skeptical (surprise, surprise) that it is going to work, but God, I hope it does. I've never been a medicine gal, so I am struggling with even the decision to take the darn stuff.

Apparently, this panic thing rears its ugly head during life transitions. Hmmm, have I made any life transitions lately?

Oh, yeah, that's right. I completely turned my life upside down and inside out about six months ago. So I suppose that makes sense. I guess I just thought that you had to be panicked about something to have an actual panic attack. Turns out you don't. They can happen even when you're sleeping, I'm told.

Lucky me, mine happen while I'm driving.

1 comment:

newduck said...

Hmm, I feel like doctors LOVE the panic attack diagnosis. It just solves so many of their problems. If you don't feel comfortable with it, I would get a second opinion. On the other hand, I once dated a guy who got panic attacks at a major transitioning point in his life and they were incredibly intense. He called 911 so many times they started refusing to come to his house!