Thursday, February 7, 2008

Kickin' Me When I'm Already Down

As if I didn't have enough to bitch about (and believe me, I manage to find plenty), I got bitch-slapped with a case of bronchitis. All these poor girls did today was watch television while I hacked on the couch. I did take them to the McDonald's Playplace for lunch, though. For some reason, respiratory distress makes me ravenously hungry.

In between bouts of hair-pulling, pinching and slapping, they actually let me get some rest. Bless their little hearts. The few times I stumbled into the bathroom in the middle of a hacking fit, they scrambled in there with me, curious to see if I was going to "have the puke-ups".

I shouldn't really complain because I usually am, for the most part, healthy. Maybe that's why it feels extra rotten when I actually do get sick.

My husband is on his way home and I am confident he is going to make me some nice, hot, chicken-noodle soup. He will then draw me a luxurious, hot bath. There will be candles, and rose petals in the bathtub. There will be a warm, fluffy, hotel-type robe waiting for me when I get out.

Did I mention that the Mucinex I'm taking makes me hallucinate and have delusions of grandeur?

1 comment:

newduck said...

Delusions of grandeur? I'm going to get me some of that mucinex. Seriously, though, I hope you feel better soon. There's nothing worse than getting sick and having to fight this disgusting weather off.

In response to your post, yes I was in Chicagoland yesterday and the day before. It was kind of a hideous trip. Sitting in a car for 4 hours, sleeping in a strange bed, getting up at 6 a.m. to try to look good for a job interview, walking through the slushy, cold streets of Chicago in high heels, taking a written test for 4 hours (it was a government thing), then getting in the car for another 4 hour drive - all while 8 months prego. Bad all around.