Tuesday, February 5, 2008

OMG, Seriously, Snow Again?

So. More snow. We are supposed to get six to nine inches tonight. Now, ordinarily, I would welcome six to nine inches. But not when we're talking snow.

I might stick my head in the oven if we get another foot of snow. Didn't Sylvia Plath do that, by the way? I don't think I can take another snow day. These girls have cabin fever something fierce. So do I, for that matter.

I think I'm allergic to staying home full-time. I have recurrent dreams in which I visit my former employer and beg them to give me my job back.

I desperately, desperately wanted to absolutely love staying home. I wanted to have an epiphany in which I would say, "How did I not discover the joys of this years ago?" I have had no such epiphany. Not of that sort, anyway. I've had a few others that I won't mention. You never know if my girls might someday find all of these posts in which I bitched incessantly about them. I don't want to do any permanent damage.

I do want to bitch, though. I mean, isn't that partly what blogging is about? Am I alone here?

The annoying thing is, I run into all of these mothers who sincerely seem as though they could not be happier staying at home. Some of these mothers have, like, five kids, too! They seem to thrive on it! It really makes me feel inadequate. They should be ashamed of themselves, flaunting their happiness and efficiency. Couldn't they stifle it just a little bit around the rest of us? I can't even get up the energy to vacuum my family room these days. I could probably feed a family of four just with what has accumulated on the rug.

Actually that's not such a bad idea. "Kids, we're having leftovers tomorrow night!"

Oh yeah. I'm in a dark place. No question.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the moms who are all lalalala happy are liars.
Your job was exciting, and you used a lot of different skill sets.
Maybe everyone would be better off if you eased your way back. If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
Word.
Bet your husband wouldn't have even considered quitting.

One Chance Mama said...

Thank you, psychicgeek. You understand my pain. And you're right, he wouldn't have.

newduck said...

This reminds me of all those happy-dappy women who told me how WONDERFUL pregnancy was, and how it was the HAPPIEST time of their lives and how BEAUTIFUL the entire process was. Dude. Women lie about that shit, and I don't know why.

Speaking of snow, we've got like a million feet up here and it's just getting worse. I'm supposed to drive to Chicago Thursday night for a huge job interview Friday morning, and have already paid for a hotel reservation, so PLEASE don't tell me it's as bad down there as it is up here. Gack.